top of page

Post study work visa.

Many international students studying in Australia stay in the country with the hope that one day they will become permanent residents. First step for this is to get post graduate work visa.

This visa has two streams:

  1. Post study work stream

This is for international students who graduated with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. A visa in this stream can be granted for 2 years after Bachelor’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree with Honors, Masters by Coursework Degree or Masters (extended) Degree.

2. Graduate Work stream

This is for international students with an eligible qualification who graduated with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.

Both streams require applicants to have completed a qualification mark taking at least 2 academic years of study in Australia and must have fulfilled English language ability requirement.

However, students should remember that General Skilled Migration rules keep changing. This is an uncertain path and there is no guarantee to get Permanent residency after Study in Australia. Each case is different and should be considered individually.

11 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page